By Micah Murdock, CEO of UpThink Consulting and Associate Director of Online Learning at University of Utah
- 0:00 Introduction
- 1:26 What is UpThink Consulting?
- 5:44 What is the future of higher ed?
- 17:22 Practical suggestions for here and now
- 27:01 Using Course Templates (in Canvas)
- 35:49 External Tool worth knowing about
What is UpThink Consulting?
UpThink primarily focuses on three areas of service:
- Canvas onboarding and training
- Instructional design for distance, online and live courses
- EdTech Adoption Strategies in the classrom
What is the future of higher ed?
- We are not “going back”
- Ripe for disruption
- Technology is the driver (as always)
- Trends toward industry directed edcuation
Practical suggestions for here and now
- Do the best you can
- Take advantage of the support that is available
- Zoom classes are not online classes
- Over communicate
- No, they won’t just “figure it out”
- Design with consistency
- Theme and Variation
- Bounded Choice
Using Course Templates
- Use a simple clean homepage
- Simplify the navigation
- Let the features in Canvas do their job
- Due dates
- Develop a template import strategy
- Don’t try to control everything
- Get some faculty input
- Get lots of student input
- Pick your integrations carefully then hold your ground
External Tools worth knowing about
- Atomic Apps – Search, Discussion, Polls and Assessments
- Cidi Labs – Design Plus
You must be logged in to post a comment.